Friday, August 24, 2007

hangin out with God and Jesus...

As I was walking with my daughter this afternoon, I told her how nice it was to spend time with her because I have been so busy with work lately. She responded, "well, when you get to heaven you won't have to work anymore; you'll get to just hang out with God and Jesus." Wow, I love the idea of just hangin out with God and Jesus. My desire is to enter into that rest in the midst of the busyness of our lives and today I just caught a brief glimpse of that rest...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Thank you Jesus...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike,
I have been wanting to thank you for this post since you first put it up, but with how busy life has been keeping me lately it is hard to even find the time to leave a simple comment on a friend's blog. This was a much needed reminder that it can be possible to find rest in the midst of the craziness of day to day life. Sometimes I let things kind of overtake me and this post was a reminder that in the midst of all the poop, spit up, tantrums and questions it really is possible to find rest by "hangin out with God and Jesus" right here along with my kids.
Thanks!