Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ode to a cell phone?

Wow...I was convicted pretty hard core by the Holy Spirit this morning. I was driving to work and I realized that one of the most exciting things I had on my mind this week was the anticipation of a new cell phone coming in the mail (a free upgrade, I might add for humility's sake). I started thinking, what is this crazy material world that we live in that I could be completlely consumed over a freakin cell phone?! It got me thinking about the Psalms and how most of the psalmists pour out their heart in devotion to God whether in misery or jubilation. How unfortunate is it that our senses and awareness of God is numbed out by our misguided lust over material objects. Not only that, but I listened to a message today by a pastor who spoke about our devotion to sports teams and how we get more excited about whether they win or lose than our experiences with God.

Not much more I can say on this one...convicted...I thank the Holy Spirit for opening my eyes to it...

May we chase after God with this same obsession and love so that all we see and encounter we may use to bring glory to His name...

Oh and for those of you who run into me and notice my new phone, feel free to rip into me...HA

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

Trust me, you are not alone in your guilt!
*die hard eagles fan hangs head*