Wednesday, January 23, 2008

my baby girl is six today...

Wow! It's really hard to believe...


I remember my wife and I were scared after the September 11th attacks five months before our daughter was due. We had conversations about what a different world it would be in a matter of months after the attacks. I remember how unsafe we felt at that moment and how scared we were to be bringing a new child into the world. Then came her birth and as we witnessed that beautiful miracle, I felt a new joy and love that I have never experienced before. Six years, brings a lot of firsts. From the first smile, to first words, to first steps she changed our lives and our world. My daughter and I formed a special bond and there is nothing like having daddy's little girl. My favorite times have been hiking together and driving together. We have deep conversations. She has an inquisitive nature about her. God blessed us with her birth six years ago, and he's blessed us with six wonderful years of her life. I couldn't be more grateful. I pray he blesses us with many more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Six years of joy and a lifetime still to come. We're all blessed to experience the miracle of life and the joy of family. Happy Birthday Princess.