Monday, May 28, 2007

memorial day...

Most of you may know that Lisa's brother spent two tours in Iraq with the Air Force. He's finished his service now, but I have never been the same or seen the war in Iraq the same way since I spoke to him after he returned. I cannot imagine living through some of the things he was exposed to over there. I take this day to remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect our freedom. The majority of those who serve are young men and women. My prayers go out to those still over there and elsewhere around the world. In this world of senseless violence that buys into the myth of redemptive violence, may we turn to follow Jesus' other way...

Check out Lisa's blogspot; she has a great memorial youtube video link for today...

http://lisaslittlebitofeverythin.blogspot.com/

Peace.

No comments: